A Widow's Promise
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
You don't want to do this.
You wouldn't wish this walk on your worst enemy.
However, you can do this, and we're here to help!
Hot Young Widows is a private Facebook group where no topic, idea or feeling is off limits.
Young, Widowed & Dating: Restarting your heart after death do us part.
Black Women Widows Empowered: Empowering women of color to live their best lives after loss.
The Grief Consultant provides several resources (including a self help program) to help you navigate the waters or grief, loss or simply hard times.
Second Firsts' founder Christina Rasmussen developed a radical new approach to grief recovery called The Rasmussen Reentry Practitioner Program. As the founder of Second Firsts and The Life Starters, Christina is on a crusade to help millions of people rebuild, reclaim, and relaunch their lives using the power of their own minds.
Modern Widows Club is a widow mentoring, leadership and empowerment nonprofit organization with national chapters, memberships, services, active social media sites and inspirational blog.
One Fit Widow aims to encourage everyone to live their best lives after a great loss.
Great Books on Grief & Widowhood:
- Option B, Sheryl Sandberg and Adam Grant
- A Grief Observed, C.S. Lewis
- The Year of Magical Thinking, Joan Didion
- When Bad Things Happen to Good People, Rabbi Harold S. Kushner
- Widowed, But Not Wounded: The Hustle & Flow of 13 Resilient Black Widowed Women, Sabra Robinson
- Still His: One Widow’s Journey to Discovery and Hope, Roni Hollis
- The light of the world, Elizabeth Alexander
- Second Firsts, Christina Rasmussen
- It's Okay to Laugh (Crying Is Cool Too): A Memoir, Nora McInerny Purmort
- Widowed. Rants, Raves and Randoms, John Polo
- When Breath Becomes Air, Paul Kalanithi
- The Iceberg, Marion Coutts
- The Light of the World, Elizabeth Alexander
- Unremarried Widow, Artis Henderson
- Widow to Widow: Thoughtful, Practical Ideas for Rebuilding Your Life, Genevieve Davis Ginsburg, M.S.
- Young Widower: A Memoir, John Evans
- A Widow's Story, Joyce Carol Oates
- Hard Laughter, Anne Lamott
- Then & Now: Changed Perspectives of A Young Widow, Michelle D. Jarvie
- I'm Grieving As Fast As I Can: How Young Widows And Widowers Can Cope And Heal, Linda Feinberg
- Wild, Cheryl Strayed
- It Must Have Been Moonglow: Reflections On The First Years of Widowhood, Phyllis Greene
- What Remains: A Memoir of Fate, Friendship and Love, Carole Radziwill
- Saturday Night Widows: The Adventures of Six Friends Remaking Their Lives, Becky Aikman
- Dream New Dreams: Reimagining My Life After Loss, Jai Pausch
- The Letter: My Journey Through Love, Loss and Life, Marie Tillman
- The Alchemy of Loss: A Young Widow's Transformation, Abigail Carter
- Love You, Mean It: A True Story of Love, Loss and Friendship, Patricia Carrington, Julia Collins, Claudia Gerbasi and Ann Haynes with Eve Charles
- Two Kisses For Maddy, Matthew Logelin
- Believe: A Young Widow's Journey Through Brokenness and Back, Jennifer Silvera
- Two Chai Day: One Widow's Story About Living Beyond Grief, Irene McGoldrick, MSW
- Confessions of a Mediocre Widow: Or, How I Lost My Husband and My Sanity, Catherine Tidd
- Epilogue, Anne Roiphe
- Heaven's Coast, Mark Doty
- Signs Of Life: A Memoir, Natalie Taylor
- The Long Goodbye, Megan O'Rourke
- Wondering Who You Are: A Memoir, Sonya Lea
- The End Of Normal: A Wife's Anguish, A Widow's New Life, Stephanie Madoff Mack
- Grieving With Hope: Finding Comfort As You Journey Through Loss, Samuel J. Hodges, IV
- In A Dark Wood: What Dante Taught Me About Grief, Healing, And The Mysteries Of Love, Joseph Luzzi
- Awakening From Grief: Finding the Way Back to Joy, John E. Welshons
- Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery, Henry Marsh
- The Fault In Our Stars, John Green
- Things I've Learned From Dying: A Book About Life, David R. Dow
- A Three Dog Life, Abigail Thomas
- Kayak Morning: Reflections on Love, Grief and Small Boats, Roger Rosenblatt
- A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table, Molly Wizenberg
- Life After You, Lucie Brownlee
- The Widow's Tale, Mick Jackson
- To Travel Hopefully: Journal Of A Death Not Foretold, Christopher Rush
- Hope Heals: A True Story of Overwhelming Loss And An Overcoming Love, Katherine and Jay Wolf
- Colors of Goodbye: A Memoir of Holding On, Letting Go, and Reclaiming Joy in the Wake of Loss, September Vaudrey
- Me Before You, Jojo Moyes
- Where The Light Gets In: Losing My Mother Only to Find Her Again, Kimberly Williams-Paisley
- Just Show Up: The Dance of Walking Through Suffering Together, Kara Tippetts and Jill Lynn Buteyn
- A Series of Catastrophes & Miracles: A True Story of Love, Science and Cancer, Mary Elizabeth Williams
- And Life Comes Back: A Wife's Story of Love, Loss, and Hope Reclaimed, Tricia Lott Williford
- Let's Pretend We're Normal: Adventures in Rediscovering How to Be a Family, Tricia Lott Williford